For FREE help finding a Medicare plan,
Click here or call 1-800-729-9590.
Compare Medicare Plans Here:
Medicare Annual Enrollment Period – Medicare Annual Enrollment: When to Shop Medicare Advantage
No matter your situation, knowing when to shop for your Medicare plan is important, as failing to sign up on time could leave you with insufficient coverage or paying more for your coverage. Each year, you have a chance to make changes to your Medicare Advantage or Medicare prescription drug coverage (Medicare Part D) for the following year. This time frame is called the Annual Enrollment Period. Every year the Annual Enrollment starts on October 15th and ends on December 7th. Below is a list of all the changes you are allowed to make during this period.
• Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
• Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
• Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
• Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn't offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
• Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn't offer drug coverage.
• Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
• Switch from one Medicare drug plan to another Medicare drug plan.
• Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.
A common misconception is that Medicare Supplements are included in this period of time, but just like you can experience rate increases any time during the year, you can shop you Medicare Supplement Policy any time during the year.
If you have any questions regarding Medicare plans or coverage, please give our office a call at 1-855-368-4717 or visit one of our pages:
#MedicareAnnualEnrollmentPeriod #MedicareEnrollment #Whentoshopmedicareadvantage